Could Neville be returning to WWE?
According to PWInsider.com, significant progress has been made on whatever issues led to Neville disappearing from WWE last month.
WWE never commented on the former Cruiserweight Champion’s absence, and he was obviously not released from his contract even when the company made a recent round of cuts. Enzo Amore referenced Neville in house show promos for a time, but on-screen he simply disappeared.
PWInsider.com says: “There is a belief among some in the company that talks have gone so well that Neville could actually be returning to action for WWE before the end of the month. One source even believed Neville could be back as soon as this week, but PWInsider.com has (as of this writing) not been able to confirm that. Obviously, we will see if that is soon the case.”
Neville quietly disappeared last month amongst stories that he had walked out at a Monday Night Raw event on Oct. 9 after balking to losing a match to Enzo Amore. PWInsider.com quickly debunked the walkout story as Neville was never even on the road that week. PWInsider.com also claimed that the idea that Neville refused to put over Amore again was shot down, specifically because the two had become close friends and regularly socialized away from WWE events.
WWE sources immediately denied that Neville had been released from the company, he was later removed from the 205 Live opening. At that time, however, two different sources told PWInsider.com that Neville had pushed for a WWE release with the idea of leaving the company and building his name outside of it, similar to what Drew McIntyre did prior to his return to NXT.