For WWE Extreme Rules on Sunday, July 15, the official website of the PPG Paints Arena in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania is advertising three matches that have yet to be officially announced by WWE. They are:
* Roman Reigns vs. Bobby Lashley
* Braun Strowman vs. Kevin Owens in a Steel Cage Match
* Dolph Ziggler defending the Intercontinental Championship against Seth Rollins
The PPG Paints Arena began advertising Strowman vs. Owens, and Ziggler vs. Rollins last Tuesday, whereas Reigns vs. Lashley was added to the card over the weekend. There is currently no stipulation attached to Reigns vs. Lashley.
After Brock Lesnar’s contract negotiations hit an unspecified “snag,” Raw General Manager Kurt Angle was forced to backtrack on Raw last week and cancel the planned multi-man bout at Extreme Rules to determine his next challenger — much to the chagrin of Roman Reigns and Bobby Lashley, who were the first two WWE Superstars announced for the contest.
While not officially announced by WWE, the PPG Paints Arena advertised the multi-man match as a Six-Pack Challenge. Along with Reigns and Lashley, Finn Balor was also listed as a participant.
WWE has already announced the following five matches for Extreme Rules:
* WWE Champion AJ Styles vs. Rusev
* Raw Women’s Champion Alexa Bliss vs. Nia Jax
* Raw Tag Team Champions “Woken” Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt vs. The B-Team
* SmackDown Women’s Champion Carmella vs. Asuka
* SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Bludgeon Brothers vs. Team Hell No