– Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up with a look at Brock Lesnar and The Undertaker from last week.
– We’re live from Oklahoma City with Michael Cole, JBL and Byron Saxton. We go right to the ring and out comes Triple H, Stephanie McMahon and WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins. The roster is not on the ramp.
Triple H welcomes us to RAW and says it will be a huge night tonight. He announces the fourth hour for SummerSlam and Stephanie hypes the pay-per-view. Triple H announces Big Show vs. Dean Ambrose for tonight. Stephanie announces Paige vs. Sasha Banks for tonight. Triple H has another one for tonight – Kevin Owens vs. Randy Orton. Stephanie announces Alica Fox and Nikki Bella vs. Becky Lynch and Charlotte. Rollins takes the mic and starts bragging. He says he did what he would say at Battleground – walk in and walk out as champion. Rollins wants to involve the fans in tonight’s show. He tells them to stand up and admit that he may go down as one of, if not the, greatest WWE World Heavyweight Champions of all time. The music hits and out comes WWE United States Champion John Cena.
Cena calls Rollins an arrogant jackass. Cena says many Hall of Famers have held that title and he disagrees with Rollins. Cena thinks Rollins is a joke. Cena says they need to find out who’s telling the truth tonight. Cena says Rollins ran like a coward when he challenged him last week so he’s here to ask Triple H and Stephanie. Cena says it’s best for business if we find out if Rollins can become a man tonight. He proposes a match with the title on the line for tonight’s show and the crowd pops. Rollins tells Cena to shut the hell up and gets some boos. Stephanie interrupts Rollins and says we need to ask the fans. She asks if they want to see the title match tonight and the crowd pops big time. They start chanting “yes!” and Stephanie… pulls a swerve and says no. She gets booed and says Cena has to earn the title shot. Triple H says he gets that but the idea is valid so it will be Cena vs. Rollins with the United States Title on the line, because that’s what is best for business. Triple H’s music hits and they make their exit with Cena looking on.
– Still to come, Orton vs. Owens and Paige vs. Sasha. Up next, Ambrose vs. Big Show. We go to commercial.
– It’s announced that Steve Austin’s next WWE Network podcast will take place next Monday after RAW and his guest will be Paige.
Dean Ambrose vs. Big Show
Back from the break and The Miz is out for commentary. Dean Ambrose is out next followed by Big Show.
They go at it and Show drops Ambrose with a big shoulder. Ambrose pulls the top rope down and dumps Show to the floor. Ambrose with a running kick and then a dive, sending Show into the barrier. Ambrose comes back in and goes to the top. He goes for the elbow drop to the floor but Show chops him in mid-air. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Ambrose breaks out of a leg submission. Ambrose ends up on Show’s back with a sleeper hold. Ambrose breaks it and comes off the top but Show catches him for a 2 count. Ambrose with a big DDT. Ambrose fires back with punches while Show is on his knees. Show catches him by the throat but Ambrose hits elbows. Show grabs Ambrose again and nails a chokeslam for a 2 count.
Show sends Ambrose to the floor as fans boo. Ambrose comes back in but Show superkicks him back to the floor. Show follows and hits a big spear on the floor. Ambrose almost gets counted out. Show throws him in the ring and Ambrose kicks him. Ambrose goes for another dive but runs into a big knockout punch. Ambrose is out on the floor again as the referee counts and fans boo Show. Ambrose gets his fingertips on the apron at the 10 count but can’t make it in.
Winner by Count Out: Big Show
– After the match, we go to replays. We come back to Ambrose stumbling at ringside. Show approaches him but turns and walks away as Ambrose collapses in front of the barrier. Show turns back around and goes to spear Ambrose into the barrier but Ambrose side-steps and Show crashes through the barrier. Ambrose’s music hits and he limps to the back while the referee checks on Show.
– Still to come, Luke Harper will recommit to The Wyatt Family. Also, Neville will be in action. Back to commercial.
Fandango vs. Neville
Back from the break and Fandango is dancing in the ring. Neville is out next to a pop. They go at it and Neville gets knocked down first by a clothesline for a 2 count. Fandango with a big chop and a submission.
Neville makes a comeback and send Fandango to the floor before leaping out onto him. Neville brings it back in the ring and goes to the top for Red Arrow. Neville nails it for the quick win.
– After the match, Stardust appears on the big screen and taunts Neville. Stardust cuts a promo on superheroes and references Stephen Amell. Stardust says he will rescue the WWE Universe and save them from the do-gooders. Stardust tells Neville there’s nothing he can do to stop him. Neville just looks on confused.
– Still to come, Orton vs. Owens. Also, Paige vs. Sasha, The Lucha Dragons vs. Los Matadores and Rollins vs. Cena for the United States Title. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Paige is backstage with Sasha Banks and Charlotte. She talks about how people are loving the Divas Revolution. Sasha Banks, Naomi and Tamina Snuka walk in. Sasha calls them losers and says Stephanie McMahon started the revolution. Naomi says now the revolution is all about Team BAD. Charlotte “whooo’s” in Sasha’s face and Sasha calls her daddy’s little girl. Paige and Sasha have words before Becky interrupts. Tamina cuts her off and Naomi calms her down. Team BAD leaves and says they will see them in the ring.
Paige vs. Sasha Banks
We go to the ring and out comes Paige with Becky Lynch and Charlotte. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Naomi, Tamina and NXT Women’s Champion Sasha Banks are out. Sasha still isn’t carrying her title. We get a video package on Sasha as she makes her way to the ring. The bell rings and they lock up, going to the mat and back to their feet, still locked up. Sasha takes it to the corner and they lock up again, wrestling to the mat and back to their feet, tumbling out of the ring to the floor. The six Divas face off on the floor before Paige and Sasha come back in the ring. Paige ends up nailing Sasha in the face for a 2 count. Paige with takedowns and more pin attempts.
Paige takes Sasha to the corner and hits her with back elbows. Sasha comes back with a roll up for 2. Sasha takes control until Paige hits a big arm drag. They both dropkick at the same time and we have a stand off. Paige takes Sasha back down and headbutts her for another pin attempt. Paige with a fall-away slam for another 2 count. We see Team Bella watching backstage. Paige keeps Sasha grounded, still working on her arm.
More back and forth on the mat. Paige keeps Sasha down by her arm. Sasha fights back up with a knee to the gut. Paige knocks Sasha back out of the ring with a superkick. Paige goes to the top and takes down all of Team BAD on the floor. Paige brings Sasha back in the ring and we go to commercial.
Back from the break and we see there was an argument between the two teams at ringside during the break. Tamina, Charlotte, Naomi and Tamina got ejected by the referee. Sasha is in control of Paige now. We see Team Bella watching backstage as Sasha works Paige over in the corner. Sasha with the big knee drop in the corner and a 2 count. Sasha keeps control and hits a big knee to the face. She mocks Paige no the apron and comes back in but Paige rolls her up for 2. Sasha with a clothesline for 2.
Sasha keeps Paige grounded now. Paige makes a comeback and unloads on Sasha. Paige with clotheslines and a dropkick. Paige side steps and hits a superkick. Sasha blocks the PTO but Paige nails a knee to the face for a 2 count. More back and forth. Sasha hits double knees in the corner for another close 2 count. Sasha goes for the double knees again but Paige fights back and drops Sasha on her face. Paige locks in a submission but Sasha gets the bottom rope. More back and forth. Sasha hits the Backstabber and applies the Bank Statement for the win.
Winner: Sasha Banks
– After the match, Sasha’s music hits and she celebrates.
– Still to come, Rollins vs. Cena for the United States Title.
– Renee Young is backstage with Rollins now. Rollins says we’ve seen enough of Cena and tonight, he will show Cena that the future has passed him by.
– Rusev and Summer Rae are walking backstage. Rusev has a surprise for Summer to be revealed later.
– The announcers hype WWE 2K16 and Arnold Schwarzenegger as The Terminator being a playable character. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Rusev is out with Summer Rae as Cole plugs Kliq Week on the WWE Network.
Rusev says he is smitten and his heart wants to burst out for the woman who healed his soul. The always hot and obedient Summer Rae. Rusev says he’s going to teach American men how to treat a special woman. He brings a box in and there’s a puppy inside. Summer grabs the puppy and cuddles it. Rusev says the puppy is ugly, has skinny legs, pees on itself and is neutered so they should call it Dolph Ziggler. Rusev has another surprise for Summer. She opens it and there’s a huge dead fish without a head in there. He tells her to take it and hold it high. Rusev says they should name the cold fish after another cold fish they all know – Lana. Lana comes down the ramp and tells Rusev to shut up.
Lana is tired of Rusev running his mouth every week. Lana calls Rusev pitiful, just like his defeats since he hooked up with the pathetic, wanna-be Lana. Summer mocks Lana and Lana ends up kicking her down. Lana grabs Summer and rubs her face into the dead fish. Lana slaps Rusev as he runs his mouth. She leaves the ring with Summer screaming in disgust. Rusev grabs the fish and throws it at Lana but she’s already on her way to the back. Rusev helps Summer up but apparently she smells.
– Still to come, Owens vs. Orton. Also, a look back at last week’s big brawl. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get a look at Brock Lesnar and The Undertaker from last week.
The Lucha Dragons vs. Los Matadores
We go to the ring and out comes Sin Cara and Kalisto. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and Los Matadores are out with El Torito. WWE Tag Team Champion The Prime Time Players are on commentary. Sin Cara starts off for his team. Lots of back and forth with Cara in control now. Kalisto comes in off the ropes for a 2 count. Matadores turn it around and double team Kalisto now. He takes Diego down with knees out of the corner and keeps him grounded. Cara tags in for some double teaming. Diego takes him to the corner and tags in Fernando. Cara counters their double team and sends one of them to the floor. Cara ends up getting dumped hard to the floor and Torito is used on him as a weapon. Los Matadores taunt the champions before bringing it back in the ring and keeping Cara grounded.
Matadores with more double teaming on Sin Cara. The end comes when The New Day comes down to provide distraction. The Prime Time Players confront them at ringside, leading to The Lucha Dragons getting the win with a roll up.
Winners: The Lucha Dragons
– We get a look back at Battleground with Luke Harper helping Bray Wyatt defeat Roman Reigns. Up next, Harper will recommit to The Wyatt Family. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes Bray Wyatt with Luke Harper as “fireflies” light the arena up.
Wyatt starts talking about family. He goes on and says Harper was once a damaged man but he fixed him, knowing one day that he would have to be set free. Wyatt hands Harper the mic and tells him to say his peace. Harper says there was a time where he wondered why he even existed and what his purpose was. Harper says his family found him and Wyatt showed him the truth. Harper says this is all the fans fault, they made Harper what he is and they shunned him. Harper says Wyatt saved him, opened his eyes, made him stronger than ever and showed him his path in life. Harper says now he knows that when you pray for the rain, you best be ready for the mud. Harper says his life is for Wyatt and hands the mic back. Wyatt says Harper would go to hell for him and already has. Wyatt talks about Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose now.
Wyatt says if Reigns really cared about Ambrose he would tell him to walk away from this. Wyatt says he’s going to seal Reigns’ fate. Wyatt says they are here and drops to his knees to pose. He ends it with, “follow the buzzards!”
– Still to come, Orton vs. Owens and Rollins vs. Cena for the United States Title.
Charlotte and Becky Lynch vs. Nikki Bella and Alicia Fox
We go to the ring and out comes Charlotte and Becky Lynch. They make their entrance and we go to commercial.
Back from the break and out comes WWE Divas Champion Nikki Bella with Alicia Fox and Brie Bella. Becky starts off with Nikki and they go at it. Nikki gets the upperhand at first but Becky takes her down by the arm. Charlotte tags in and they double team Nikki with dropkicks. Charlotte ducks a clothesline and hits Charlotte’s Web for a 2 count. Charlotte takes Nikki to the corner for chops now. Charlotte runs into boots and Nikki takes control. Fox tags in for some double teaming. She works on Charlotte’s arm now.
Charlotte fights out, sends Fox to the mat and hits a big knee drop. We see Team BAD watching backstage. Charlotte gets distracted by Nikki on the apron and turns around to a big kick from Fox. Fox with another kick and a Northern Lights suplex for 2. Nikki comes back in and kicks Charlotte’s leg out for a 2 count. Nikki keeps Charlotte grounded with a knee to the back now. Nikki hits Becky on the apron and clotheslines Charlotte. Nikki shows off with push-ups and hits a slingshot suplex for a 2 count. Alicia tags back in for a double suplex. Alicia drops an elbow for a 2 count. Fox with a boot to the back now, turning it into a submission. Charlotte turns it into a 2 count and starts making her comeback but tags in Becky. Becky unloads on Fox and Nikki, knocking her off the apron.
Becky with a t-bone suplex on Fox but Nikki comes in for the save. Charlotte comes in and takes Nikki out with a spear. Fox rolls Becky up from behind with a 2 count. Becky turns that into the Disarm-Her and Fox taps out for the win.
Winner: Becky Lynch
– We get a look at Patrick’s elimination on WWE Tough Enough last week and the remaining 8 competitors. We also see Big Show’s appearance on last week’s show.
– We see Orton and Owens walking backstage. Back to commercial.
Kevin Owens vs. Randy Orton
Back from the break and Sheamus is on commentary. Randy Orton is out first followed by Kevin Owens.
They meet in the middle of the ring and talks trash to start. Owens shoves Orton. Orton comes back with a kick and they start going at it. Orton drops Owens with an uppercut and he rolls to the floor for a breather. Orton follows and they go at it. Owens takes the upperhand and sends Orton into the barrier. Orton follows up with a clothesline and brings it back in the ring. Orton starts stomping now. Owens fights back and runs over Orton with a clothesline as fans boo. Owens stomps and punches Orton some more. Orton comes back with a dropkick out of nowhere. Owens rolls to the floor for a breather.
Orton follows with uppercuts. Owens sends him into the ring post. Owens with a fall-away slam into the barrier. Owens rolls back into the ring as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Owens has Orton down in a headlock. Orton fights up and out but Owens drops him with a clothesline. Owens with the splash for a 2 count. Owens poses and fans boo. He stomps on Orton and talks trash. Orton fights back and they trade shots now. Orton with the backbreaker. Owens comes back in the corner and drops Orton again with clotheslines. Owens drops a big knee to the chest for another 2 count. Owens yells out at Cole while choking Orton on the middle rope. Owens with elbows in the corner.
Owens drops Orton with a big running shot in the corner. Owens goes for the cannonball but Orton moves out of the way. Orton with clotheslines and a powerslam. The crowd gets hype for Orton but he runs into an elbow in the corner. Owens comes off the second rope but Orton catches him with a big throw. Owens rolls to the apron. Orton grabs him but Owens drops him over the top rope. Owens pulls Orton to the floor but Orton counters and sends him into the barrier. Sheamus runs over and hits Orton from behind with a Brogue Kick for the disqualification.
Winner by DQ: Randy Orton
– Fans boo Sheamus as he asks if we’re entertained. Sheamus rolls Orton back in the ring but Cesaro runs out. Cesaro with a big uppercut on Sheamus. Cesaro leaps out onto Owens. Sheamus comes after him but eats another big uppercut. Cesaro brings Owens in the ring but has to kick Sheamus away. Cesaro turns around to a pop-up powerbomb from Owens. Owens stands over Orton and Cesaro while Sheamus raises his briefcase on the floor. Owens talks trash to Cesaro and mushes his face as we go to replays. Owens makes his exit as a referee checks on Cesaro. Owens yells back at Orton that this isn’t the last time for them.
– Renee Young is backstage with John Cena. Renee asks what if Seth Rollins wins tonight. Cena cuts a promo about how he’s defended the title lately but none of those matches were as important as tonight’s match. Cena says he’s going face to face with the WWE World Heavyweight Champion and the great debate will be over – either Rollins is as good as he says he is and leaves with both titles or Cena shocks the world and defeats the world champion in the middle of the ring, proving once and for all that the real champ is here. Cena walks off and we go to commercial.
WWE United States Title Match: Seth Rollins vs. John Cena
Back from the break and WWE United States Champion John Cena is out first to put his title on the line. WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins is out next.
We get formal ring introductions from Lilian Garcia. They lock up and go at it. Rollins has to retreat to the floor for an early breather. Rollins comes back in and strikes with a kick but Cena takes him down with a headlock. Back and forth now. Cena tries for an early Attitude Adjustment but Rollins blocks it and kicks him down. Rollins with more strikes and a 2 count. Rollins with a headlock as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Cena misses a big splash in the corner and goes down. Rollins covers for a 2 count. Rollins with more offense and another 2 count. Cena finally makes the comeback with the shoulders. Rollins counters and rolls Cena up for 2. Cena with another slam attempt but Rollins turns it into a takedown. Rollins with another 2 count after a big kick.
Cena counters a neckbreaker and slams Rollins. Cena calls for the Five Knuckle Shuffle but Rollins kicks him. Rollins misses in the corner and Cena hits a big tornado DDT for 2. Cena goes for the AA again but Rollins shoves him out of the ring. Rollins dives out and sends Cena into the barrier. Rollins brings Cena back in and goes to the top. Rollins with a flying knee to the face for another 2 count. Rollins waits for Cena to get up but Cena blocks the Pedigree. Cena goes for the STF but Rollins fights him. Rollins ends up on Cena’s shoulders and Cena slams him face first for a close 2 count.
They get up and trade shots in the middle of the ring. Rollins unloads and drops Cena with a knee to the nose. The referee backs Rollins off and checks on Cena. Cole say Cena’s nose may be broken. Cena runs over and unloads on Rollins while the referee is talking to him. Cena dumps Rollins to the apron but Rollins kicks him. Rollins goes to the top but Cena decks him. Rollins catches Cena on the top and nails the corner powerbomb across the ring for a 2 count. A WWE doctor comes in the ring and checks on Cena now.
The doctor leaves the ring and Rollins grabs Cena for the Pedigree. Cena counters and hits the springboard stunner. Cena goes for an Attitude Adjustment but Rollins lands on his feet. Rollins with two kicks and a close 2 count. Fans chant “this is awesome” now. Cena hits Rollins with an AA out of nowhere for a close 2 count. The doctor checks on Cena again and it definitely looks like his nose is broken. Cena goes to the top but Rollins runs up and superplexes him. Rollins goes right into another slam for a close 2 count. Cena ends up getting the win with the STF after more back and forth.
Winner: John Cena
– After the match, Cena takes his title and celebrates as RAW goes off the air.
Breaking News from RAW, Vince McMahon Issues, New Seth Rollins vs. Triple H Plans, Big Backstage Talk on John Cena, Jericho at SummerSlam?, Top WWE Star Gets Heat, Must See New Lana and AJ Lee and NXT Divas, Lots of New GIFs & Galleries, More