– Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up with a look at SummerSlam and Finn Balor vs. Seth Rollins for the WWE Universal Title. We go to the RAW opening video.
– We’re live from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn as the pyro goes off and Michael Cole welcomes us. He’s joined by Byron Saxton and Corey Graves. They go over Balor’s injury and show us video of the powerbomb into the barrier.
– We go to the ring and RAW Commissioner Stephanie McMahon welcomes us. Getting right to business, RAW General Manager Mick Foley introduces the first-ever WWE Universal Champion Finn Balor and out he comes to a pop. Balor comes out in a suit and a sling with the title over his other shoulder.
Balor hits the ring as fans chant “you deserve it” and his name. Balor says this title represents a lifetime of sacrifice and if you believe in yourself, you can do anything. Balor says he achieved the impossible at SummerSlam but there was a sacrifice. Balor thanks WWE for the opportunity, all the talents in the back. He also thanks Rollins for giving him the match of his life, which gets a mixed reaction. Balor then thanks the fans, most importantly. A “thank you Finn” chant starts up. Fans chant “no!” as Balor says for now, he has to relinquish the title. Rest assured, when he is healthy and fit and ready, he will be back and he’s coming for the title first thing. Foley takes the title from his shoulder and fans boo. Foley raises Balor’s arm and they cheer him. Balor’s music hits as Foley and Stephanie thank him. Balor makes his exit as Rollins’ music hits and out he comes. They trade looks as Rollins heads to the ring.
Rollins says the injury is a shame but let’s not live in the past, now we know who the true winner at SummerSlam was. Fans boo him. Rollins says this should be a celebration. Rollins proposes a championship celebration for the true WWE Universal Champion. The music interrupts and out comes Sami Zayn to a pop. Fans sing along as he heads to the ring. Before Sami can speak, Chris Jericho’s music hits and out he comes. Kevin Owens is out next, to another pop. Sami looks on as Owens makes his way out. Stephanie is whispering an idea in Foley’s ear when the music interrupts and out comes Enzo Amore and Big Cass. Fans go wild for them. Roman Reigns is out next to a loud mixed reaction. Rollins stands near the corner as everyone else argues. Fans chant for Heath Slater. Foley says everyone in this ring is deserving of a title shot, so they’re going to hold a series of matches that will culminate next week with the crowning of a new WWE Universal Champion. Rollins vs. Sami kicks off the series and that match is now. This leads to Owens distracting Sami on his way out of the ring and Rollins destroying Sami. We go to commercial.
WWE Universal Title Contenders Match: Sami Zayn vs. Seth Rollins
Back from the break and the two are going at it. They end up on the floor with Sami taking control for a pop. Sami brings it back in but Rollins nails a big kick. Rollins with more offense and a pin attempt as he keeps Sami grounded.
Rollins with chops in the corner now. Fans do dueling chants. Sami ends up coming off the ropes and his ankle buckles. He goes down. Rollins backs off but delivers a stomp. The referee backs him off again and Sami goes to the corner for a breather. Sami tells the referee he’s good to go but he doesn’t look so good. Rollins comes in and Sami dumps him to the floor. Sami is unable to run the ropes but still launches himself out onto Rollins. Sami lands on the injured leg again. Rollins brings him back in and nails a springboard knee to the head for a 2 count.
Sami clutches his leg and rolls back to the floor. Rollins stands tall in the ring as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Sami is trying to make a comeback. More back and forth. Rollins hits an enziguri after Sami’s leg goes out during a Blue Thunderbomb. They go up top and Sami headbutts Rollins to the mat. Rollins runs back up but Sami unloads on him. Sami hits a sunset bomb for a close 2 count. Sami blocks a Pedigree and rolls Rollins up for a close pin attempt. Sami with the exploder into the corner. Sami goes for the Helluva Kick but is slow moving and Rollins drops him with a running knee. Rollins stomps on the bad ankle and goes to work on it. More back and forth. Sami’s leg buckles when trying a Michinoku Driver and Rollins takes advantage, nailing the Pedigree for the win. Rollins advances.
Winner: Seth Rollins
– After the match, Rollins has his hand raised as Sami rolls to the floor and sells the ankle injury.
– Cole started to announce more Universal Title contenders matches but apparently jumped the gun. Still to come, a look at Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Orton from SummerSlam. Back to commercial.
WWE Universal Title Fatal 4 Way Qualifier: Kevin Owens vs. Neville
We go to the ring and out comes Kevin Owens. Neville is out next.
The bell rings and they go at it. Owens tosses Neville to the apron but Neville dumps him to the floor. Neville kicks Owens in the face and he goes down on the floor. Neville nails the 450 from the apron. He comes back in and hits a big dive over the top. Jericho comes down the ramp and distracts Neville, allowing Owens to floor him. We go to commercial with Owens in control.
Back from the break and they’re going at it. Owens misses a corner cannonball and Neville hits a German. Owens turns it around and goes to the top for the Frogsplash but Neville moves. Neville goes back up for a corkscrew moonsault and nails it for a close 2 count. Neville goes for another German and holds it for a 2 count. Neville goes for Red Arrow but lands on his feet. Owens with a superkick. Neville blocks the pop-up powerbomb and gets a 2 count. Neville goes back up for Red Arrow but Jericho distracts him from ringside. Neville decks him and then kicks Owens in the head. Neville goes back up but Owens cuts him off and nails a big neckbreaker for the win. Owens advances to next week’s Fatal 4 Way.
Winner: Kevin Owens
– Still to come, Cass vs. Rusev and Reigns vs. Jericho to determine who advances to the Fatal 4 Way next week.
– We see The New Day backstage with shenanigans. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and out come WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day to a big pop. Big E declares that he’s back. They do the usual before Kofi Kingston gives a sincere thanks to the fans for their success and their lengthy WWE Tag Team Title reign. Kofi says the fans made them because they were vocal during the good times and the bad times. Xavier Woods presents a unicorn pinata to celebrate the occasion. The pinata is filled with Booty-Os cereal. Before they can begin the festivities, the music hits and out comes Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson ranting about how stupid the segment is. They also call the fans stupid and start ripping the champions as they head to the ring. Gallows and Anderson remind them they lost last night. Gallows says they’re entitled to a rematch for the titles. Anderson says Kofi is the stupidest of them all and asks if he enjoyed the Magic Killer he got at SummerSlam. Gallows says all their props and toys won’t mean anything when they win the titles and it starts tonight, as Anderson dismantles the muscle of The New Day. Anderson speaks but Big E is tired of hearing his booty chatter. Big E says tonight, they will show them why New Day rocks. The music hits as we go to commercial.
Karl Anderson vs. Big E
Back from the break and they’re going at it. Anderson ends up taking control and working on the knee.
Big E finally comes back and sends Anderson to the floor. Gallows tries to interfere but gets cut off. Big E runs into a knee from Anderson on the apron. Woods and Kofi end up taking Gallows out on the floor. Big E nails a Big Ending on Anderson for the win.
Winner: Big E
– After the match, The New Day celebrates in the ring.
– Cole hypes the farewell of The Dudley Boyz and shows us a video package on their careers. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Titus O’Neil is in the ring. He fumbles some of his words and gets a little heat from the fans for it. He reminds us that The Prime Time Players were also WWE Tag Team Champions and uses this to go into a promo ripping on Darren Young. Titus says he would be WWE Universal Champion if it weren’t for Young. Titus also knocks WWE Hall of Famer Bob Backlund. Titus blames Young for not getting opportunities, not being in the main event and not being champion. Titus wants Young to come to the ring so he can bury him and be done for him.
Titus says Backlund is backstage telling Young not to come out. Fans have had enough and they start chanting for Heath Slater. Titus says he doesn’t know who they want but he wants Young to come out. Backlund runs down to the ring and Titus grabs him. Backlund avoids an attack and applies the Crossface Chicken Wing. Titus gets out and slams Backlund. Young runs out and checks on Backlund as Titus talks trash. Titus grabs Young and hits Clash of the Titus. Titus stands tall.
– Still to come, a look back at Lesnar vs. Orton. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and Cole leads us to a video on Lesnar vs. Orton at SummerSlam.
– Stephanie is backstage with Tom Phillips. He asks about Lesnar’s F5 to Shane McMahon at SummerSlam. Stephanie says Lesnar absolutely crossed the line and there will be repercussions. She walks off.
WWE Universal Title Fatal 4 Way Qualifier: Rusev vs. Big Cass
We come back from a break and Lana introduces WWE United States Champion Rusev. He comes out with his ribs taped up. Enzo Amore and Big Cass are out next with promos. Cass says he’s going to finish what Roman Reigns started.
The bell rings and they go at it. Cass fights out of the corner and works on the ribs. Cass keeps control and sends Rusev to the floor clutching his ribs. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and they go at it with Rusev taking control as Lana watches from ringside. Rusev drops elbows but misses a splash as Cass moves. Cass fights back with strikes and shots to the ribs. He drops Rusev with shoulders. Cass with a splash in the corner. Rusev ducks a big boot and rolls to the floor for a breather. Rusev kicks Enzo in the back of the head as fans boo. Cass watched and isn’t happy. He chases Rusev back in the ring and ducks a right hand. Cass with more offense and the big splash in the corner. Cass with big right hands to the ribs as the referee warns him. Cass with a scoop slam. He goes for the Empire Elbow but stops as Rusev rolls back to the floor. Cass follows and gets kicked. Cass sends Rusev ribs-first into the steel steps. The referee counts as Cass brings him back in. Rusev nails a big kick but Cass follows up with a big boot of his own. Rusev rolls back to the floor.
Rusev gets up and starts leaving with Lana. Rusev gets counted out and Cass advances.
Winner by Count Out: Big Cass
– After the match, Enzo celebrates in the ring with Cass as Rusev looks on clutching his ribs.
– Backstage segment with Phillips, Owens and Jericho. There’s tension between the two as they both want to win the Fatal 4 Way next week. They argue about the winner and Jericho wants to focus on his match with Reigns instead, for now. They do some more “it” comedy and Jericho calls Phillips a stupid idiot.
– We see Dana Brooke and Charlotte walking backstage. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes WWE Women’s Champion Charlotte with Dana Brooke. She cuts a promo on how she beat Sasha Banks all by herself at SummerSlam and how she has reclaimed her throne. RAW GM Mick Foley comes out and confirms that Sasha will get her rematch for the title when she comes out. Charlotte wants the night off but Foley says he and Stephanie have signed the hottest free agent of the new era. He introduces the newest member of the RAW roster and out comes Bayley to a big pop.
Fans chant “you deserve it” as Bayley comments on how she can’t believe this is happening. She’s been waiting her whole life for this and thanks Foley for the opportunity. She wants to seal the deal with a hug. She and Foley get a cheap pop from Brooklyn, then hug it out. Charlotte mocks Foley for this being his big acquisition. She says he’s been too busy promoting his WWE Network reality show and is out of touch with reality. She says there’s a reason why Bayley was left behind in the women’s revolution. Bayley respects Charlotte and would never try to upstage her but she will challenge her for the title. Fans pop and a “yes!” chant starts up. Charlotte isn’t dressed to wrestle but her sidekick is always ready. She suggests Dana vs. Bayley and Foley says that’s a fair trade. Foley makes the match and it will be next. He calls for a referee as we go to commercial.
Bayley vs. Dana Brooke
Back from the break and we get the bell. Bayley takes control to start and works Dana over on the mat. They get up and Dana gets the upperhand. Dana takes Bayley to the corner but Bayley just gets fired up. She slams Dana’s head into the turnbuckles several times. Bayley keeps control and covers for a 2 count. Bayley with an arm drag out of the corner. She stops a distraction from Charlotte but Dana manages to send her to the floor. Charlotte orders Dana to get on her. Dana with a baseball slide. Dana sends Bayley into the barrier. Dana brings it back in the ring for a 2 count.
Dana keeps Bayley grounded now. Bayley tries to fight out but Dana mounts her with right hands for another 2 count. Dana keeps control and talks trash but gets rammed back into the corner. Bayley makes a comeback and hits the spinning elbow from the corner. She hits the Bayley-to-Belly suplex for the win.
– After the match, Bayley stands tall as Charlotte looks on from ringside.
– We see Roman Reigns walking backstage. Tom Phillips asks about Chris Jericho and Reigns says he plans on shutting Jericho’s mouth tonight. Back to commercial.
– The cruiserweights are coming to RAW on September 19th.
– Andrea D’Marco interviews Sheamus backstage. He knocks Cesaro and the local sports teams. The second match in their Best of 7 Series will take place on next week’s show.
Johnny Knockout vs. Braun Strowman
Byron Saxton interviews Johnny Knockout in the ring as Braun Strowman comes out. Johnny says he’s doing this because he likes big, sweaty men. The bell rings and Braun misses an attack. Knockout goes to work but Braun floors him. Braun clubs Knockout to the mat again and tosses him into the corner for a big splash. Braun gets the win with the reverse chokeslam.
Winner: Braun Strowman
– After the match, Braun grabs Johnny and drops him on his face. Braun orders the referee to count the pin and gets in his face. Braun covers again and the referee counts to three. Braun tosses Johnny out of the ring and stands tall as his music hits.
– Still to come, The Dudleyz say goodbye. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes Bubba Ray Dudley and D-Von Dudley for their “farewell” segment. Fans cheer them and chant. Bubba Ray Dudley takes the mic first and looks back to one year ago when they came back home to WWE. Bubba goes about how people respected The Dudley Boyz because they busted their ass for the fans for over 20 years. D-Von speaks next as a “testify” chant breaks out.
D-Von says it’s been one hell of a year, one hell of a career. He talks some about his career with Bubba and TLC, naming Edge, Christian and The Hardy Boys. D-Von says every bump they took, every ladder and chair shot, he would do it all again. D-Von says WWE has been his home and always will be. D-Von says there would be no Dudley Boyz if it weren’t for the WWE Universe. Bubba says usually it’s the fans cheering for them but he tells them to get to their feet and cheer for themselves. Bubba thanks fans repeatedly. He says you don’t get to go out on your own terms in this industry and even though their year wasn’t perfect, being able to say goodbye in their own backyard is their own terms. Bubba thanks everyone again. D-Von calls for one more “testify” and gets a pop. The music interrupts and out comes Primo and Epico, The Shining Stars.
The Shining Stars say this is embarrassing and it’s about time because The Dudleyz are washed up. Fans chant for tables as Primo and Epico head to the ring. They have a special going away present for D-Von and Bubba… a pair of economy comfort tickets to Puerto Rico. They pity the poor people that have to sit next to their sorry asses. They go on taking shots at The Dudleyz until they get dropped with big right hands. Fans pop. Epico takes a 3D while Primo takes the big diving headbutt. We get a loud call for tables as D-Von goes under the ring to bring one in. Fans chant ECW as they prepare to put Primo through a table. Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson attack out of nowhere. They beat up The Dudleyz on the floor. Anderson sends D-Von into the steel steps. Gallows beats on Bubba. They deliver Magic Killer to Bubba on the floor as fans boo. D-Von charges Gallows as he’s leaving but they deck him and bring him in the ring where the table is still standing. Fans boo as they put D-Von through the table with a Magic Killer. Gallows and Anderson stand tall as their music hits.
– Still to come, Reigns vs. Jericho in the main event. Back to commercial.
WWE Universal Title Fatal 4 Way Qualifier: Chris Jericho vs. Roman Reigns
We go to the ring and out comes Chris Jericho. The winner will face Big Cass, Seth Rollins and Kevin Owens on next week’s RAW for the vacant WWE Universal Title. Roman Reigns is out next.
The bell rings and they go at it. They tangle for a minute and Reigns drops Jericho with a shoulder after. Jericho talks trash and slaps Reigns. Jericho keeps talking trash before retreating to the floor. Reigns chases him back in and drops him. Reigns with a clothesline. Reigns with another clothesline in the corner. Reigns runs into an elbow but unloads on Jericho with punches and kicks in the corner. Jericho gets in a rake to the eye as the referee isn’t looking. Jericho gets the upperhand and turns it around as fans tell Reigns he can’t wrestle. Jericho sends Reigns to the floor and stands tall as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Jericho remains in control. Reigns hits a headbutt and fights back. Jericho takes him down for another 2 count. Lots more back and forth, trading of their signature moves. Jericho comes off the top but Reigns nails a big right hand. Reigns goes on and hits the Drive By from the floor. Jericho turns it around again but Reigns blocks the Lionsault with knees.
Reigns nails a Superman punch but Jericho kicks out at 2. Jericho blocks another Superman punch. Reigns blocks the Codebreaker and hits a sitdown powerbomb for a close 2 count. Reigns readies again but Kevin Owens runs down to interrupt. Reigns takes care of him and drops Jericho again as fans boo. Jericho side-steps a spear and rolls Reigns up, then applies the Walls of Jericho as fans pop. Reigns eventually makes it to the bottom rope. Owens gets in a cheap shot to the eye. Jericho nails a Codebreaker for a close 2 count. Owens yells at Jericho and encourages him. Jericho slaps Reigns around. Reigns gets back and he’s fired up. He slaps Jericho back. Owens ends up getting a Superman punch. Reigns nails a spear for the win. He advances to next week’s Fatal 4 Way for the vacant Universal Title.
Winner: Roman Reigns
– After the match, Reigns stands tall as we go to replays. RAW goes off the air with Reigns celebrating the win.
Breaking RAW News, Triple H Pushing for Major Heel Turn – Happening on RAW?, Samoa Joe’s Main Roster Debut, WWE Stars Upset Over Lesnar, Vince McMahon Disses Reigns, Kevin Owens Push Plans, WWE Doing RAW vs. SmackDown Matches Soon, WWE Veteran Returning Soon, Big WWE Title News Revealed, Must See New Diva Bikini Galleries, Dana Brooke – Triple H Report, Bad News for Reigns’ Push?, HHH Low-Balling WWE Stars on Money?, Must See New Lana & AJ Lee & Maryse, Lots of New GIFs & Exclusives, More