USA Today has a new article up on Triple H to promote the return of WWE Tough Enough. He commented on putting WWE NXT together:
“It was the thing that was lacking to me, and I said to Vince, ‘Twenty years from now, where are we going to get all these guys from?’ And he said ‘What do we do about it?’ I started putting together this plan in my head and he and I worked on it, and he said, ‘I think this is a great thing. Go do it.’ And that’s what we’ve done there.”
Triple H also commented on talents like Neville, Sami Zayn or Bray Wyatt going out in front of main roster audiences for the first time:
“To see them go out there and knock it out of the park and see how happy they are, it’s awesome, man. In some ways it’s like watching my kids.”
The article also features Hulk Hogan praising The Game:
“There’s a rumble there. Paul is doing a lot of stuff right. That next generation wasn’t there, so Hulk Hogan, ‘Macho Man’ Randy Savage and Ultimate Warrior continued being stars into the ’90s where they should have been the next Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior or Macho Man. Kudos to Paul, because he’s the guy who’s grabbed the bull by the horns and made this possible for the legacy to keep on going.”
July 24, 2015 – In an exclusive with People.com, WWE Hall of Famer Hulk Hogan apologizes for using racial slurs and calls it “unacceptable” behavior. As previously reported, due to said slurs and statements that Hogan made in 2012 on a secretly filmed video tape, WWE has terminated his contract and he is no longer to be promoted by the company.
News of Hogan’s “racial tirade,” as the media has been referring to it, hit the web on Friday after it was revealed that WWE.com had been removing Hogan from it’s pages. He was removed from the WWE Alumni section, as well as the WWE Hall of Fame section, leaving many wondering if he’s been revoked of his Hall of Fame status.
His merchandise was also quietly removed from WWEShop.com on the evening of July 23. Hogan would then post a cryptic tweet saying, “In the storm I release control, God and his Universe will sail me where he wants me to be, one love. HH.”
Many took this as confirmation that he and WWE had parted ways, when rumors of racism being the cause. Friday morning, just hours after WWE quietly removed him from their platforms, The National Enquirer posted statements that Hogan had made during the 2012 sex tape that was recorded in secret by Hogan’s supposed “best friend” at the time, Bubba the Love Sponge.
Hogan used the “N-word” multiple times while discussing guys his daughter Brooke Hogan may be sleeping with, saying that he is racist, and that if she’s going to sleep with a “N-word,” he should at least be rich, like a professional basketball player. These comments are what led to his termination from WWE.
Hogan went to People to issue an apology, which reads as follows:
“Eight years ago I used offensive language during a conversation. It was unacceptable for me to have used that offensive language; there is no excuse for it; and I apologize for having done it.
This is not who I am. I believe very strongly that every person in the world is important and should not be treated differently based on race, gender, orientation, religious beliefs or otherwise. I am disappointed with myself that I used language that is offensive and inconsistent with my own beliefs.”
You can read the entire article here.