– Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up with the pyro going off as we’re live from Austin, Texas with Byron Saxton, JBL and Booker T. It was mentioned on the RAW Pre-show that just JBL and Booker would be calling the show. JBL says he had surgery and is lucky to be here this week. Saxton hypes the show and shows us still from WrestleMania 31.
– We see Big Show standing at ringside with his Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal trophy. WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins is in the ring with Kane, Joey Mercury and Jamie Noble. Show joins them in the ring as Rollins gets booed. Rollins keeps getting booed when he goes to talk. Big Show takes the mic and yells at the crowd, getting more heat. A “you sold out” chant starts and Rollins says he thought we’re over all that. Rollins talks about The Authority at WrestleMania 31 and puts them over for their wins. When he comes to Kane, he says Kane was just there. Show says he’s finally out of Andre the Giant’s shadow and is the greatest giant of all time. Show says all the Superstars are now under his shadow. Show praises Rollins as a true fighting champion, a champion of honor, dignity and respect. Show tries to get a big pop for Rollins but fans boo. Rollins declares himself the greatest champion of all time. Show says we should thank Rollins because he gave us a great memory from WrestleMania that will live on forever. Show thanks Rollins twice. Rollins makes another joke about Kane not doing anything significant at WrestleMania. Kane says The Authority was successful at WrestleMania because… Randy Orton’s music hits and out he comes to a big pop.
Orton congratulates Rollin on finally getting his WrestleMania moment and asks the fans to give it up for him but they boo. Orton says Rollins cashing in still doesn’t change the fact that Orton beat Rollins at WrestleMania with the most spectacular RKO of his career. Fans chant “RKO” and Rollins calls Orton a whiny little complainer. Orton is still speaking from the stage and says he isn’t whining, he’s telling it like it is. Orton says he has earned a shot at Rollins for the WWE World Heavyweight title and asks fans if that’s best for business. Orton asks Director of Operations Kane what he thinks or does he need a few minutes to call mommy and daddy for their permission. Kane gets upset and demands respect from Orton. Kane says there are other Superstars worthy of consideration to face Rollins. He announces a Triple Threat to determine a new #1 contender for Rollins at Extreme Rules – Roman Reigns vs. Ryback vs. Orton. Kane says that’s what is best for business. Furthermore, each of them will compete in a singles match before the main event. Orton’s match is next and it’s against Kane. The Authority argues with Kane as Orton makes his way to the ring.
Randy Orton vs. Kane
The bell rings and they go at it. Orton backs Kane into the corner and nails a clothesline. Kane turns it around but runs into a big boot. Orton with forearm shots from the corner. Kane knocks him from the turnbuckle out to the floor. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and they’re going at it. Kane takes control and drops Orton with a big sideslam for a 2 count. Kane with kicks now. Kane with a suplex for another 2 count. They go on and Orton blocks a chokeslam attempt. More back and forth. Orton with the powerslam. Kane rolls to the floor and Orton brings him back in from the ropes. Orton gets a pop and drops down to pound the mat. Kane rolls back to the floor and fans boo. Orton comes out with a big clothesline out of nowhere. Orton drops Kane’s back over the barrier. Kane hits Orton in the gut with a chair for the disqualification.
Winner by DQ: Randy Orton
– After the bell, Kane rolls Orton back in the ring as Lilian Garcia announces Orton as the winner to a pop. Kane tries to chokeslam Orton on a steel chair but Orton blocks it. Orton goes for the RKO but Kane slides out and retreats. Orton’s music hits as he looks on at Kane.
– Still to come, Ryback vs. Luke Harper and Roman Reigns vs. Big Show. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and the announcers discuss AJ Lee retiring. They thank her for what she did in WWE and wish her the best.
– We go to Kane and Seth Rollins arguing in the back. Rollins says everyone in The Authority understands protecting him is the #1 priority except Kane. Rollins suggests Kane step down from his role as Director of Operations. Kane reveals that Triple H and Stephanie McMahon are on vacation with no cell reception so he’s running the show tonight. Rollins ends up storming off but comes back and says Kane will have a problem with the bosses when they come back. Kane talks about doing what’s best for business and puts Rollins in a match… up next. Kane leaves and Rollins isn’t happy.
– We get a look at Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns and the fallout on last week’s RAW.
Seth Rollins vs. Neville
We go to the ring and out comes WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins with Joey Mercury and Jamie Noble for a non-title match. We go to commercial before finding out who he’s facing.
Back from the break and Rollins is in the ring waiting for his opponent. We go to Saxton and JBL for a WWE Network plug. Former NXT Champion Neville makes his new entrance to a big pop. A “NXT” chant starts before the match. Rollins take the mic and laughs, saying he wasn’t expecting this. Rollins asks the WWE Universe to give it up and welcome Neville. Rollins says Neville just made his RAW debut last week and is now in the ring with the champion. Rollins says that must feel pretty good and asks Neville to tell the fans about himself but takes the mic back away. Rollins says Neville is probably nervous. Fans chant for Neville. Rollins suggests he sit this one out and calls him a pipsqueak. Neville takes Rollins down with a kick. The bell rings and they go at it. Neville with an early pin attempt after some offense. Rollins runs over Neville with a big forearm and sends him to the corner. Rollins takes control and works Neville over now. Rollins mushes him around and back into the corner for some kicks. Neville with a nice counter. He fights his way back into it and hits a nice hurricanrana, sending Rollins to the floor. Neville runs the ropes and dives out onto Rollins. J&J Security go for Neville but he runs back in the ring. Rollins throws a fit as fans chant “NXT” and Neville looks on from the ring. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Rollins drops Neville’s face into the corner for a 2 count. Rollins keeps control as fans rally behind Neville. He tries to fight back but Rollins whips him hard into the corner and he goes down. Rollins drops knees and goes for another pin attempt. Rollins with a headlock now. More back and forth after getting to their feet. Rollins with a big kick to the head and another 2 count. Rollins with a running knee to the gut and another. Neville blocks the third knee and rolls Rollins up for a 2 count. Rollins drops him and mounts him with right hands. Rollins smacks Neville around and talks trash. Rollins with more shots to the head and another headlock. Neville fights to his feet and counters a move with a jawbreaker. Neville with more shots to the gut. Rollins goes down after more shots. Neville looks to get some momentum going but Rollins drops him with a big clothesline for a close 2 count. Rollins is frustrated now. Rollins smacks Neville around and talks more trash as fans boo him. Neville gets up and fires back with a big slap. Rollins goes to powerbomb him in the corner but Neville counters and sends Rollins face first into the corner. Neville drops Rollins and goes to the top for Red Arrow. J&J get on the apron but he kicks them away. Neville jumps from the top but has to land on his feet as Rollins gets up. Neville with a 2 count. More back and forth. Rollins hits the corner powerbomb and then the Curb Stomp for the win.
Winner: Seth Rollins
– After the match, Rollins orders Mercury and Noble to hold Neville while he hits another Curb Stomp. Rollins talks trash over Neville and holds the title in his face as fans boo.
– The announcers hype tonight’s Triple Threat main event. Also, John Cena’s US Title Open Challenge is still to come. Back to commercial. Cena takes the mic and says Austin has declared it WWE Day. He gets hype and talks about what the United States Title means and calls it an opportunity. He talks about starting the US Open Challenge to provide an opportunity to others. Cena brings up Rusev and we get some boos. Cena says Rusev wants his rematch but wants it at Extreme Rules, whether it’s against Cena or someone else. Cena wonders what about tonight and say that doesn’t mean we can’t have a title match tonight. Cena issues a warning to anyone who accepts his challenges – he’s worked extremely hard for the US Title and is very proud to be a representative of the United States of America so when you come, step up or step on. Cena say the Open Challenge starts right now and if you want some, come get some.
WWE United States Title Match: Stardust vs. John Cena
The music hits and out comes Stardust for a title shot. He jumps on the barrier and looks out at the crowd while Cena looks on from the ring. Fans chant for Cody as the match starts. They go at it and we get dueling chants already. Stardust with a counter and roll up for 2. Cena throws him over the top rope but he hangs on and pull himself back in. Stardust turns around and Cena slams him. Cena drops a few elbow drops. Cena hits the ropes and nails a shoulder block. Cena whips Stardust hard into the corner and he goes down. Cena with a long suplex that he hold for a while before dropping it. Another 2 count by Cena. Cena drops Stardust again and covers for another pin attempt. Cena with a headlock now. Cena with more offense until Stardust retreats to the floor for a breather. Stardust stands on the barrier and looks out as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Cena goes for an Attitude Adjustment but it’s countered. Stardust drops Cena for a 2 count. Stardust with a boot in the corner. Stardust with a Blockbuster out of the corner for a 2 count. More back and forth with a counter and pin attempt from Cena. More dueling chants from the crowd. Stardust counters another Attitude Adjustment and hits an Alabama Slam for a 2 count. Stardust goes for his finisher but it’s countered with a slam for a 2 count. Stardust counters Cena with another roll up for 2. Cena slams Stardust and calls for the Five Knuckle Shuffle. Stardust blocks it with a kick to the head and nails a big DDT for another 2 count. Stardust charges but Cena catches him and locks in the STF. Stardust makes it to the bottom rope. Cena pulls him back but gets kicked off. Stardust hits the falling inverted DDT for a close 2 count. Stardust argues with the referee about the count. Cena comes back with a springboard backwards stunner. Cena then nails the AA for the win.
Winner: John Cena
– After the match, we get replays as Cena celebrates.
– Still to come, Ryback vs. Orton vs. Reigns in a Triple Threat. Also, Reigns vs. Big Show and Ryback vs. Luke Harper.
– We see The Bella Twins walking backstage. Back to commercial.
The Bella Twins vs. Paige and Naomi
Back from the break and WWE Divas Champion Nikki Bella is in the ring with her sister Brie Bella. Paige is out next. She stops at ringside and out next comes Naomi. Brie starts off with Paige and they go to the ropes. They lock up again and grab each others hair. Brie rocks Paige in the jaw. Paige charges ans knocks her down with clotheslines. Paige gets fired up and talks trash to Nikki. Brie comes from behind and throws her to the floor. Brie distracts the referee while Nikki runs over Paige on the floor. The referee counts now. Paige makes it back in at 7 and Brie goes to work on her. Brie with the knee against the ropes. Paige tries to fight back but Brie keeps control and tags in Nikki for a double slingshot suplex. Nikki covers for a 2 count. Nikki keeps Paige down with a body scissors as Naomi tries to rally the crowd. Paige finally gets the tag and in comes Naomi. She unloads on Nikki and knocks Brie off the apron. Naomi ends up slipping and falling coming out of the corner. Everyone gets in the ring at one point and Paige runs over Nikki with a kick to the face. Paige tackles Brie out of the ring. Naomi applies a scissors and slams Nikki’s head with it for the win.
Winners: Naomi and Paige
– After the match, Paige and Naomi taunt The Bella Twins from the ring before celebrating as Naomi’s music plays.
– Byron Saxton is talking about The Miz vs. Damien Sandow when out of nowhere we cut to a video of The Prime Time Players making fun of The Ascension like they did The New Day before.
– Saxton talks about Miz vs. Sandow taking place tonight. Still to come, Harper vs. Ryback. Back to commercial.
Luke Harper vs. Ryback
Back from the break and Luke Harper makes his way out. Ryback is out next to a nice reaction. They lock up and go to the corner. Ryback with shoulder thrusts. Harper comes out of the corner with a big dropkick and turns it around. Harper drops Ryback with right hands and covers for a 2 count. Ryback catches Harper and presses him before tossing him to the mat. Ryback goes for the Meathook but runs into a big superkick. Ryback goes to the floor and Harper follows with a shot to the back of the head. Harper rams Ryback into the barrier and runs over him and the steps. Harper brings it back in the ring but misses the spinning clothesline. He comes right back with the big sideslam for a 2 count. Harper with a submission now.Ryback fights up and slams Harper. Ryback nails Shellshocked out of nowhere for the win..
– After the match, Ryback gets a “feed me more” chant going as we go to replays.
– Renee Young is backstage with The New Day as fans boo. She brings up the “New Day sucks” chants and asks how it feels. Xavier Woods says it hurts and plays sad. Kofi Kingston says it’s disappointing but you won’t find disappointment in their dancing, chanting or flying. Big E talks about a kid coming up to him at the airport while he was trying to eat. He’s able to sign for the kid “because I clap…” They all walk off clapping as Renee looks confused. We go to commercial.
Xavier Woods and Big E vs. Sin Cara and Kalisto.
Back from the break and The New Day are in the ring. The Lucha Dragons are out next to a pop. The bell rings and Kofi Kingston tries to get a chant going at ringside but fans do the “New Day sucks” chant. Kalisto and Sin Cara get the “lucha” chant going. Big E starts off with Cara and they go at it. He bats Cara down in the corner and does several quick tags to Woods as they keep Cara down. Big E and Woods with a double team move as fans boo. Woods keeps control of Cara as we see WWE Tag Team Champions Cesaro and Tyson Kidd backstage watching with Natalya. Big E comes in but Cara finally tags in Kalisto. He unloads on Woods as he comes in. Kalisto goes for the pin but Big E breaks it. Cara sends Big E to the floor. Woods with a roll up for 2 on Cara. More back and forth from Woods and Kalisto. Kalisto drops Woods on his face and leaps out onto Kofi. Cara had tagged in and gets the win on Woods with a senton.
Winners: Sin Cara and Kalisto
– After the match, we get replays and come back to The Lucha Dragons celebrating. We see Kidd, Cesaro and Natalya backstage watching again.
– Still to come, Reigns vs. Big Show. Back to commercial.
Roman Reigns vs. Big Show
Back from the break and out comes Roman Reigns through the crowd. Big Show makes his way out next and stops to stand beside his Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal trophy. The bell rings and Reigns strikes first but Show tosses him into the corner. Reigns comes out fighting but Show takes him to the corner for a big chop. Reigns comes right back fighting but Show drops him with a shoulder block. Show yells at him to stay down. Show keeps control and scoops Reigns for a slam. They go back to the corner and Show tosses Reigns across the ring. Reigns with a big shot over the back to send Reigns to the mat. Show walks on him and stands on him and the bottom rope now. Show tosses Reigns out to the floor and follows him. Show whips Reigns into the barrier. Reigns slides out of a hold and shoves Show into the ring post. Reigns follows up with a big kick. He charges again but Show spears him on the floor and we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Show is in control of Reigns in the ring. Reigns starts to fight back but Show grabs him for a big sideslam and a 2 count. Show hits the big Vader Bomb for a 2 count. Reigns goes back to the floor and Show hits a big baseball slide, sending Reigns into the barrier. Show sends him into the barrier again and comes back in to wait. Reigns comes to the apron and Show grabs him. Reigns just laughs and starts fighting back. Reigns drops Show over the top rope and then nails a Superman punch. Reigns comes back in the ring and hits another Superman punch but Show still doesn’t go down. Reigns with a third Superman punch. Show blocks the fourth and goes for a chokeslam but it’s blocked. Reigns runs the ropes and nails a spear for the win.
Winner: Roman Reigns
– After the match, Reigns hits the corner to celebrate as the announcers hype tonight’s main event.
– Kane is backstage on the phone. He tells the person on the other end to let Triple H and Stephanie know that he has everything under control when they check in. Alicia Fox, Cameron, Summer Rae and Natalya come in. They start kissing up to Kane. They talk him into having a battle royal to determine a new #1 contender. Kane announces it for next week and we go back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Renee Young catches up with Roman Reigns backstage. He says to wait and see what he does next.
– Sheamus comes to the ring and we see what happened on SmackDown. Sheamus say before his next victim comes out, he wants us to look at what a real man looks like. Fans start a “you look stupid” chant. Sheamus cuts a promo and gets the “what?” treatment. Sheamus calls Dolph Ziggler an insect that needs to be weeded out. Sheamus says he would pick on someone his own size but there aren’t many people his size. The music hits and out comes Mark Henry to a pop.
Sheamus vs. Mark Henry
Henry is ready to go at it but Sheamus walks to the apron, saying he doesn’t have time for has-beens. Henry pulls him back into the ring and we get the bell. Henry goes to work and takes Sheamus to the corner to toss him across the ring. Sheamus fights back and beats Henry down, putting his arm in a submission while striking him. Henry breaks it and shoves Sheamus over the top rope. Sheamus gets mad and tears the top off the announce table as fans cheer. Henry comes out and Sheamus sends him into the post. Sheamus rolls back in. They come back in and Sheamus takes Henry down again. Sheamus shows off. Henry goes for a World’s Strongest Slam but Sheamus slides down and takes the leg out. Sheamus hits a Brogue Kick for the win.
– We get stills of The Rock, Ronda Rousey and The Authority at WrestleMania 31.
– Still to come, the Triple Threat main event. Back to commercial.
– We get a promo from Bray Wyatt backstage. Wyatt speaks and asks us if he has our attention now. Wyatt says he’s the new face of fear.
– Renee is back with Ryback. He says tonight is a big opportunity and The Big Guy is feeling bigger than ever in Texas, where everything is bigger. Ryback says he will go on to face Rollins for the title. He says Reigns and Orton will find out why The Big Guy is hungry for the WWE World Heavyweight Title and gets a “feed me more” chant going before walking off.
The Miz vs. Damien Sandow
We go to the ring and out first comes The Miz. Back to commercial. Back from the break and The Miz is clapping for a preview of The Marine 4. Damien Sandow is out next to a big pop and he’s using The Miz’s theme. Sandow goes to start the match but The Miz retreats out of the ring to stall. He shows off and gets knocked out to the floor. Sandow goes after him and brings him back in. Sandow unloads in the corner with kicks and he finally takes off Miz’s shades. Sandow with more offense in the corner. He runs into a kick but keeps fighting. Miz mounts him with right hands and hits the kick to the face. Miz keeps control until Sandow turns it around in the corner again. Sandow tosses Miz and drops a knee. Sandow with knees before knocking Miz out to the floor. They come back in and Miz stomps away. Miz with forearm shots to the head. More back and forth. Sandow turns it around and makes a big comeback. He goes for the Skull Crushing Finale but Miz fights it off. Sandow catches a kick and drops Miz. Sandow mounts him with right hands. Sandow misses a kick and Miz rolls him up for the win with a handful of tights.
Winner: The Miz
– After the match, Miz stumbles to the ramp as Sandow looks on disappointed.
– Renee is backstage with Randy Orton. Orton says he has nothing against Reigns or Ryback but he’s going to do what he was born to do – mow anyone down who gets in his way. Orton says he will then defeat Rollins and take the WWE World Heavyweight Title at Extreme Rules. Back to commercial.
#1 Contenders Triple Threat: Roman Reigns vs. Ryback vs. Randy Orton
Back from the break and they all make their entrances. The bell rings and they go at it. Ryback goes for an early Shellshocked but gets beat down. Reigns takes Orton to the corner and works him over. Ryback nails Reigns from behind and pins him for a 2 count. Another quick pin attempt. Ryback works over Reigns but Reigns nails a big clothesline for 2. Reigns and Orton go at it now. Orton with a clothesline for 2. Ryback breaks the pin and tosses Orton to the floor. We see Big Show, Kane, Seth Rollins, Mercury and Noble watching from the stage now. Ryback slams Reigns as they look on. Ryback waits on Reigns to get up but Orton comes in and unloads on he and Reigns. Fans pop for Orton. Orton goes for the draping DDT on Ryback but Reigns hits Orton from behind for a 2 count. More back and forth. Reigns hits a Superman punch on Orton. Ryback with a spinebuster on Reigns. Ryback get another chant going and hits the Meathook on Reigns. Ryback blocks a RKO from Orton and slams him. Ryback goes for Shellshocked but Orton slides out. Reigns spears Ryback and all three are down as The Authority walks down the ramp. Reigns leaps out and takes The Authority out. Show gets up and takes him out with knockout punches. Orton drags Rollins in the ring but Rollins tries to escape. J&J make the save for Rollins. Ryback takes them out. Orton hits the RKO on Ryback for the win and the title shot.
Winner and New #1 Contender: Randy Orton
– As soon as the match is over, Rollins nails a Curb Stomp on Randy Orton. We see John Cena and Chris Jericho preparing for their podcast backstage. The Authority stands tall and RAW goes off the air with Rollins standing over Orton.