WWE Denies Telling Ashley Massaro To Stay Quiet About Sexual Assault - PWPIX.net

WWE Denies Telling Ashley Massaro To Stay Quiet About Sexual Assault

Ashley Massaro

WWE said they never met with Ashley Massaro regarding her sexual assault claims.

Following Massaro’s death last Thursday, an affidavit emerged from her lawyer alleging Massaro was told to keep quiet by WWE when she informed management about the assault.

WWE released a statement to several publications on Wednesday claiming that meeting with Massaro never happened.

“WWE is saddened by the death of Ashley Massaro, and we reiterate our condolences to her family. However, we regret that her attorney Konstantine Kyros, who filed multiple cases against WWE, lost all of them, and was sanctioned multiple times by the Court for repeated misconduct and false allegations, is using Ashley’s death to further his malicious campaign against WWE by releasing an affidavit that she submitted to the Court and later apologized to WWE for being involved with, so we wish to make certain things crystal clear.

“At no time was Vince McMahon or the management of WWE ever informed by Ashley Massaro or anybody else that she had been sexually assaulted, drugged, raped or sodomized by a military doctor with a nurse standing guard while on a goodwill tour in 2007 to U.S. military bases in Kuwait. In fact, if she ever articulated such a claim to WWE, we would have reported it immediately to the Base Commander.

“At no time was there ever a meeting with Vince McMahon, Kevin Dunn, John Laurinaitis or other company executives in which she told them of such a claim and was instructed to keep it quiet.”

In the affidavit, Massaro claimed she was raped by a military doctor while on a WWE trip to Kuwait in 2007. After being examined by a WWE doctor, Massaro said she had a meeting with Vince McMahon — and others within the company — regarding the assault. In the meeting, Massaro claimed McMahon told her reporting the rape to the proper authorities would ruin WWE’s relationship with the U.S. military.

Massaro’s allegations were part of a larger lawsuit dealing with concussions among former WWE wrestlers. That suit was initially dismissed, but an appeal is set for July. Massaro reportedly apologized to WWE for her involvement in the lawsuit.