Carlito Asked If He's Returning To WWE - PWPIX.net

Carlito Asked If He’s Returning To WWE

After losing a title match to Mr. 450 at WWC Anniversio, Carlito said during an interview (see above) that despite the loss, he would return to the promotion. When the interviewer asked him about rumors regarding him returning to WWE, Carlito smiled and walked away.

Konnan mentioned on MLW Radio last month that Carlito was offered a contract to return to WWE, but felt it was for “really bad money” — an insulting figure which he declined.

WWE released Carlito on May 21, 2010, “due to his first violation of the WWE Wellness Program and his subsequent refusal to attend a rehabilitation facility,” per the company’s official website. In a subsequent interview, Carlito revealed that he wanted to leave the company for a long time.

“I’ve been trying to leave for three years, and the last year I wasn’t even myself. I was dying to be away . . . I wouldn’t say I got myself fired on purpose, but that last year I really didn’t care. I really wanted to be away,” Carlito said in a July 2010 interview.

Fans didn’t see Carlito in a WWE capacity again until the 2014 Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, where he and his brother (Diego) and cousin (Fernando) inducted the legendary Carlos Colón — Carlito’s father.

Since his departure from the company, Carlito had been competing in Puerto Rico and for various independent promotions around the globe.