– Tonight’s WWE RAW kick off with a look back at last week’s show. We’re live from Albany, NY with Michael Cole, JBL and Booker T.
– We go to the ring as a Steel Cage is lowered from the rafters. Randy Orton makes his way out to a pop and enters the cage. Orton cuts a promo on Seth Rollins and says Rollins gave him no choice. Orton says he’s going to break Seth’s jaw on Sunday at Extreme Rules so we no longer have to hear him run his mouth. Orton goes on about how he’s going to destroy Rollins on Sunday. Music interrupts and out comes WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins with Joey Mercury and Jamie Noble. Rollins speaks from the stage says Orton has anger problems but Orton says he just has a Seth Rollins problem. Rollins talks about how he’s the best and says as good as Orton is, he’s that much better. Rollins says Orton can say what he wants but Rollins promises Orton will not be leaving on Sunday with the title. Orton cuts him off and gets upset. He says he’s going backstage to RKO every son of a bitch he sees and before RAW goes off the air, he will RKO Rollins. Orton says that’s a promise and drops the mic as his music hits.
– Still to come, Triple H’s Tough Enough announcement.
Dean Ambrose vs. Luke Harper
We go to the ring and out comes Dean Ambrose to a pop. We go to commercial. Back from the break and out comes Luke Harper with a mic. He doesn’t know why Ambrose isn’t afraid of him but after tonight he will be. Harper hits the ring and they go at it trading shots. Harper misses an elbow and a clothesline. Ambrose hits a crossbody and more strikes. Ambrose with a forearm in the corner and a bulldog but Harper nails him with a superkick. Harper with strikes to the back of the head. They end up on the floor as Ambrose sends Harper into the table and the steel steps. Harper counters and throws Ambrose into the crowd. Harper follows and works Ambrose over through the crowd. Ambrose turns it around and fights back over to ringside but runs into a big right hand. The match gets thrown out as they fight up the ramp to the stage. Harper presses Ambrose into the LED boards. Harper goes to powerbomb Ambrose off the stage but it’s countered. Harper counters that and tosses Ambrose off the stage but he rolls through. Harper runs to the back and Ambrose goes to chase him but stops on the stage as his music hits.
– We see J&J Security escorting Rollins backstage. The Prime Time Players jump out barking, scaring J&J. Titus O’Neil threatens to beat J&J’s ass and The PTP run off. Rollins barks at a crew member and threatens to wipe the floor with him. They walk up on Triple H next. Triple H says they look nervous, like there’s an RKO around every corner. Rollins says he’s not worried. They talk about Orton and Rollins tells Triple H he could use some more security. Triple H reminds him Orton is just one guy and walks off.
#1 Contenders Match: The Lucha Dragons vs. The New Day
We go to the ring and out comes Sin Cara and Kalisto. We go to commercial. Back from the break and The New Day is out. It will be Big E and Kofi Kingston tonight. “New Day sucks” chants start up as Kofi and Cara begin the match but don’t actually get going. We get more chants and Big E tags in as does Kalisto. They finally go at it and Kalisto nails a big kick to the face and then a head scissors. Kalisto kicks the knee out and tags in Cara with a springboard crossbody for 2. We see WWE Tag Team Champions Cesaro and Tyson Kidd backstage watching with Natalya. Kofi comes in and goes at it with Cara now. Kofi ends up sending Cara to the floor. Xavier Woods argues with him and distracts him, allowing Kofi to send Cara into the announce table and take control. Kofi brings Cara back in and stomps away in the corner. Big E tags in and they keep Cara down with quick tags. Cara counters a move but Big E runs over him with a big clothesline as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Kofi is in control of Sin Cara. Big E comes in and keeps him down in their corner. We see Kidd and Cesaro watching again. Kalisto finally tags in and unloads on Kofi as the crowd pops. Kalisto with a 2 count as Big E breaks the pin. Fans boo Big E as Kalisto takes him down with a kick to the face. Kalisto dumps Kofi and Big E to the floor. Cara tags in and they both climb to the top to get a “lucha” chant going before jumping out onto Kofi and Big E. Kofi runs back in before the 10 count and Cara tries to follow but Xavier Woods holds his leg, preventing him from going in.
Winners by Countout and New #1 Contenders: The New Day
– After the match, Randy Orton runs out and tosses Big E out of the ring. He lays Kofi and Woods out with RKOs. Big E looks to come back in and Orton dares him but he backs off and fans boo. Orton’s music hits as he goes to the turnbuckles to pose.
– The announcers hype the WWE Network before going back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get a look at Big Show & Roman Reigns.
Fandango vs. Curtis Axel
Back from the break and Curtis Axel waits in the ring as Fandango makes his way out to his old theme song. Axel starts doing the dance also. They lock up and go at it with Axel taking control and nailing a dropkick. Axelmania runs wild to a decent pop but Fandango rolls him up for 2. Fandango with a dropkick and a clothesline. Fandango keeps control and drops Axel again. Fandango goes to the top for the leg drop and gets the win.
– After the match, Fandango’s most recent theme hits and he looks confused. He exits the ring and they finally play his old theme song and he dances with fans at ringside.
– We see Triple H walking backstage as we go to commercial.
– Back from the break and Eden, who is filling in for Lilian Garcia, introduces Triple H. Triple H comes out alone for his first live appearance since WrestleMania 31. Triple H puts over WWE World Heavyweight Seth Rollins and says now it’s time to find the next Rollins. He says that begins on June 23rd with the return of Tough Enough. He hypes the show and tells fans they can live their dream of being a WWE Superstar. Kane ends up coming out. He’s been texting and calling Triple H all week. Kane doesn’t believe Seth Rollins is worth The Authority’s investment. He gives Triple H his two-week notice. Triple H tells Kane to hold up and go in the back to talk this out like adults. Rollins comes out with J&J Security to boos. Rollins tells Triple H to let Kane quit. They argue and Rollins calls Kane a coward. Kane gets in Rollins’ face and calls him a spoiled little punk. Kane says Rollins wouldn’t even be champion if it wasn’t for him. Kane says they could have made El Torito or Dean Ambrose champion and it gets heated. Triple H separates them and says this isn’t how you do business. Triple H announces Kane will be the “Guardian of the Gate” for Orton vs. Rollins at Extreme Rules. If anyone wants in or out of the cage, they have to go through Kane. Kane thanks Triple H and says he won’t let him down. They shake hands. Rollins can’t believe Triple H is rewarding Rollins for this kind of behavior. Triple H says Rollins should learn to get on the same page as Kane really fast. Kane extends his hand and Rollins hesitates but shakes it before dropping the mic and storming out of the ring to boos.
– Still to come, John Cena’s “US Open” challenge. The announcers show us a look back at Naomi turning on Paige last week. Naomi is watching backstage as we go to commercial.
– Back from the break and we see Triple H, Kane and Rollins backstage. Triple H tells Kane he has corporate responsibilities now and is no longer “hellfire and brimstone.” Kane says, “oh yes I am” and marches off to prove it. Triple H tells Rollins to start appreciating who helped him get the title. Triple H says having the title doesn’t make you the man, going out there and proving it every night does. Triple H announces Rollins vs. Dolph Ziggler for tonight. Rollins says he’s no longer the future, he is the man.
Naomi vs. Brie Bella
We go to the ring and out comes Naomi. We get a sidebar video from earlier of Naomi. She says Paige got in her way so she removed her from the equation. Naomi says she’s done waiting for her turn. Brie Bella is out next with WWE Divas Champion Nikki Bella and they get a pop. Nikki joins commentary as the match starts and they lock up. Naomi takes it to the corner and mushes Brie to the mat. Naomi goes low with a kick to the head. Brie gets up and sidesteps but gets kicked in the mouth again. Naomi with a big uppercut. Naomi takes Brie down with a headlock now. They do some back and forth now as Brie fights back. Brie takes Naomi to the corner but Naomi drops her with a forearm. Brie with elbows. Naomi with knees and kicks, sending Brie out to the floor as we go to commercial. Back from the break and Naomi is still in control. Naomi slams Brie to the mat by her hair and talks some more trash. Naomi mounts Brie from behind with strikes as the referee backs her off. Naomi keeps control in the corner and takes Brie back to the mat. Brie finally gets up and makes a comeback. Brie with a dropkick and a running knee to the face. Brie with a missile dropkick and a 2 count. Naomi counters by taking Brie headfirst into the turnbuckle. Brie ducks a crossbody and gets another 2 count. Naomi ends up getting the win with a Rear View.
– Heath Slater and Erick Rowan are at catering. Slater says he’s going to become the new United States Champion tonight. Rowan gets up and walks off. Slater turns around to a big RKO outta nowhere. Orton counts the third RKO for the night and walks off with Slater laid out.
– Still to come, we’ll hear from Roman Reigns. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Roman Reigns makes his way through the crowd to cheers. Reigns takes the mic and says he doesn’t feel like talking, he feels like fighting. Reigns tells Big Show to bring his big ass out here right now. Bo Dallas makes his way out instead. Bo calls Reigns a bust as he approaches the ring. Bo says Reigns is the Tim Tebow of WWE and has failed every time he’s been given a chance. Bo says Reigns can one day become WWE Champion if he works hard and… Bo enters the ring and tells Reigns all he has to do is Bo-lieve but Reigns lays him out with a Superman punch. Fans boo as Reigns readies for a spear. He nails it to a mixed reaction. Reigns takes the mic and says Big Show h as no chance on Sunday. Reigns says he’s bringing the big fight to Big Show and will be the last man standing. Reigns says we can… Bo-lieve that.
– Dolph Ziggler is backstage warming up as we go to commercial.
Sheamus vs. Zack Ryder
Back from the break and out comes Sheamus. Zack Ryder is out next. Sheamus takes the mic and tells the referee to ring the bell. Sheamus says, “before we get started” but drops Ryder with a Brogue Kick out of nowhere. Sheamus says he could pin Ryder right now but Ryder deserves more than a 5 second match. Sheamus drags Ryder to the corner and stomps on him. Sheamus tell us this is the problem with WWE, all the pretenders like Ryder and the fans. Sheamus says none of them would last 2 seconds in the ring with him. Sheamus continues beating Ryder up. Sheamus calls Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler and Ryder “boy band wannabes” before tossing Ryder out of the ring. Sheamus continues insulting the fans on the mic and hits another Brogue on the floor. Sheamus brings Ryder back in the ring and is still talking on the mic, now insulting New Yorkers. Sheamus leans Ryder in the corner and goes for a Brogue but Dolph Ziggler runs in and nails a Zig Zag. Ziggler checks on Ryder as Sheamus retreats.
Winner by DQ: Zack Ryder
– After the match, Eden announces the winner as Ziggler dares Sheamus to come back in.
– Back from the break and out comes WWE United States Champion John Cena. He cuts a promo on Rusev and their Russian Chain Match at Extreme Rules. Cena says he will prove WrestleMania was no fluke, it was a statement. Cena goes on about Rusev and says he’s still going to defend tonight. Cena says he’s not in a losing mood and says the challenge is now open.
WWE United States Title Match: Kane vs. John Cena
The music hits and out comes Kane in just black pants. Kane goes right to work on Cena after the bell rings. They go to the floor with Kane in control and we see Rollins watching backstage with J&J. Kane beats Cena up on the floor and brings it back in the ring. Cena hits him with a kick and a punch but Kane catches him with a sidewalk slam for a 2 count. Kane with shoulder thrusts in the corner now. Kane whips Cena chest first into the corner and he ends up on the floor. Kane follows to the floor but Cena starts fighting back. Kane whips him hard into the barrier and comes back in the ring as the referee counts to 7. Kane goes right back to work on Cena and stomps away. We see Rollins watching backstage again. Kane with a suplex for a 2 count. Kane with more offense in the corner and another 2 count. More of the same from Kane now. Cena fights back with right hands as we get dueling chants. Cena with a shoulder block but Kane drops him with a right hand. Kane with a splash in the corner. Cena moves and Kane misses the next splash. Cena drops Kane and calls for the Five Knuckle Shuffle to boos but Kane grabs him by the throat. Kane nails a big chokeslam for a close 2 count as Kane yells at the referee. Kane calls for a Tombstone but Cena slides out and goes for an Attitude Adjustment to get the win.
Winner: John Cena
– After the match, we see Rollins backstage with J&J laughing at Kane. Cena makes his way up the ramp and raises his title.
– Still to come, Rollins vs. Ziggler. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Kane is backstage fuming.
– Renee Young is with The Miz. Miz plugs The Marine 4 and has a copy. Miz goes on but Renee interrupts and has to send the interview to Byron Saxton, who is backstage with John Cena. Cena talks about his match with Kane but Rusev lays him out from behind with a chain. Rusev uses the chain to pull Cena’s head back in The Accolade. A referee manage to get him off and we go to commercial with Cena on the ground coughing.
The Miz vs. Damien Sandow
Back from the break and Eden announces the winner of this match will get to keep the “Miz” likeness. Damien Sandow is out first with Summer Rae. The Miz is out next. Miz stalls but Sandow immediately goes for a roll-up and Miz kicks out at 2. Miz with a kick and a headlock now. Miz gets rolled up again and has to retreat to the floor. Sandow chases him back in. Miz with a roll-up for 2 now. Miz stops away on Sandow in the corner. Miz keeps control and goes for another 2 count. Sandow catches a clothesline and hits the backbreaker combo. Sandow with a splash in the corner and a neckbreaker. Sandow with the DDT and another 2 count. Miz blocks a Skull Crushing Finale and gets a 2 count with a handful of tights Sandow blocks the Skull Crushing Finale. Summer ends up turning on Sandow while Miz has the referee distracted, leading to Miz getting the win and keeping his likeness.
Winner: The Miz
– After the match, Summer joins The Miz in the ring. Miz takes the mic and goes to say he’s awesome but Randy Orton hits him with a big RKO outta nowhere. Orton’s music hits and he goes to the corners.
– The announcers hype the WWE Network and Extreme Rules.
– We come back and get another cryptic promo from Bray Wyatt.
Adam Rose vs. Ryback
Ryback makes his way out as Adam Rose waits in the ring. Ryback makes pretty quick work of Rose and hits Shellshocked for the win.
– After the match, Ryback take out a few Rosebuds and Rosa Mendes comes down to tend to Rose.
– Renee Young is backstage with Kane and informs him that The Authority was mocking him on social media. He storms in the office and Rollins actually apologizes. He understands Kane helped him get the title but wishes Kane wouldn’t bring it up so much. Rollins appreciates Kane so much that he’s dedicating his match to him tonight. They walk off and we see Randy Orton lurking behind a corner.
Dolph Ziggler vs. Seth Rollins
Back from the break and out comes Dolph Ziggler for the non-title main event. WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins is out next with J&J Security. The bell rings and Rollins goes to work on Ziggler, taking him to the corner. Ziggler turns it around and unloads. Ziggler with a neckbreaker and an elbow drop for a 1 count. They tumble over the top and go at it on the floor now. Ziggler brings it back in the ring but Rollins drops him with a kick. Ziggler ducks a clothesline and hits a dropkick for another 1 count. Rollins turns it around and sends Ziggler back to the floor as we go to commercial. Back from the break and Rollins is still in control. He takes his time and fans boo. Rollins with a big knee drop for a 2 count. Ziggler gets some offense in and they really get going after a few minutes. Ziggler hits a huge DDT for a close 2 count. Rollins with a roll-up for 2. Ziggler goes down after an enziguri. Rollins with another 2 count. Rollins goes for the corner powerbomb but Ziggler slides out and rolls him up for 2. Ziggler with a huge superkick for a close 2 count. Sheamus runs down to ringside and distracts Dolph, yelling that he’s going to make him kiss his ass on Sunday. Rollins takes advantage and hits the corner powerbomb. Rollins hits a new facebuster-DDT type finisher for the win.
Winner: Seth Rollins
– After the match, Rollins takes the mic and cuts a promo but Triple H comes out. Triple H goes to speak and give it up for Rollins but Rollins wants to finish what he was saying. Rollins talks about beating Orton on Sunday and proving that this is his WWE and he is the man. Rollins says putting Kane as the Gatekeeper is useless and obsolete. Kane’s music hits and out he comes as the steel cage starts lowering with Rollins in it. Triple H and J&J talk Kane down at ringside. Orton slides in the ring and Rollins gets locked in the cage with him. Orton goes after Rollins but he climbs up the cage as Triple H and the others look on. Orton hits a huge RKO on Rollins and Kane looks on laughing. Orton’s music hits as he starts celebrating. Cole and the announcers plug the WWE Network. RAW goes off the air with Randy Orton posing in the cage.