– WWE issued the following:
WWE Surpasses Half a Billion Social Media Followers
June 08, 2015
STAMFORD, Conn.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–WWE (NYSE:WWE) today announced it has eclipsed half a billion fans through its global social media platforms, further cementing its position as one of the most-followed brands in the world.
WWE’s flagship Facebook page has more fans than the NFL, ESPN, Marvel, Google and UFC, and WWE Superstar John Cena is the No.1 most followed active American athlete on Facebook with more than 36 million likes. On Twitter, @WWE has more followers than MLB, Disney, Sony and Pepsi and according to Klout, is the No. 1 most influential brand on Twitter. On Instagram, WWE’s fastest-growing platform, @WWE has more followers than ESPN, HBO, NHL and Gatorade. With nearly 5 billion video views on YouTube in the past year alone, WWE is the No. 1 Sports channel ahead of the NBA, MLB, NFL, NHL, ESPN and NASCAR.
WWE’s Social Media Snapshot:
* Facebook: 354 million total likes, including 98 million new likes, an increase of 38 percent year-over year.
* Twitter: 108 million total followers, including 18 million new followers, an increase of 20 percent year-over-year.
* Instagram: 26 million total followers, including 25 million new followers, an increase of 2,955 percent year-over-year.
* YouTube: 6.2 million total subscribers, including 2.8 million new subscribers, an increase of 82 percent year-over-year.
Earlier this year, WWE won awards for Overall Social Media Excellence and Social Media Dream Team at the 2015 Cynopsis Sports Media Awards and 2015 Cablefax Digital Awards, respectively. WWE’s 12 social media platforms include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, Periscope, Google+, Vine, Foursquare, Tumblr, Pheed and Pinterest.
Huge News on The Shield’s WWE Future, Brock Lesnar Getting the MITB Briefcase?, WWE Nixes Huge Plans, Triple H Working on Two Long-Awaited Singles Pushes, Plans Revealed for Finn Balor, Must See New Lana and Stephanie and Kaitlyn, Lots of New GIFs & Galleries, More