– Above is a new interview with CM Punk from MMAFighting.com’s Ariel Helwani. Below are just a few highlights:
* Punk said he wasn’t relieved when wife AJ Lee, who makes a brief cameo, left WWE because her leaving meant he did not have to remain connected to WWE. Punk said AJ was working somewhere she loved and there were people there making it hard for her to work there. He called it a crappy situation but he would support her if she wanted to return.
* Punk said he wants to have his debut UFC fight before the end of the year and if he could have it his way, he would have his first fight in Las Vegas and then his second fight in Chicago in late 2016. Punk reiterated that he’s not looking to fight just once.
* He confirmed he will be using the name CM Punk in UFC.
* His MMA training at Roufusport in Milwaukee and the journey leading up to his debut is being filmed for a TV special/documentary, done by a filmmaker who works for ESPN.
* He’s down to 190 pounds now and plans to drop weight to 170 for his debut.
* He says he does not watch wrestling any more but still hangs out with some wrestlers when they’re in town.
Vince Upset with Seth Rollins?, Major Update on Hogan vs. John Cena, Top WWE Star Gets Heat, 2016 Rumble Spoiler, Main Roster Plans for Finn Balor, Report on HHH and Cesaro, Must See New Stephanie and Lana and Bellas, Lots of New GIFs & Galleries, More